Sunday, May 19, 2013

Walk of Honor

Today we read 1 Kings 4 & 5, 2 Chronicles 2, Psalm 101, and 2 Thessalonians 3.

Dawn and I attended the middle school award presentation and watched Abby get the royal treatment for her science fair success and Honor Roll achievement.  For a girl that loves cheering and dancing a lot more than reading, she did very well.
My family and I rode to Ridgeland, MS on Friday afternoon to watch our Lady Toppers play in the state championship.  We made that trip last year and it was an awesome experience.  We had fun this year but the game was not very fun.  I am so very proud of those girls.  They keep it coming year after year.  A lot of athletic success this year in Houston in football, baseball, softball, and tennis.  Fun to be a part of it.  Tomorrow we get to see Millie strut out of Kindergarten.

Today I get to do something I look forward to.  I get to congratulate and challenge our graduates.  I'm  looking forward to a great day.

Something to keep in mind today.  Just a short phrase that might make you think.  I found it in
Psalm 101.2b- I will walk with integrity of heart within my house.
In the midst of making proclamations about his dedication to the Lord, the Psalmist speaks of who he will be at home.  We often have the tendency to let our guard down at home...sometimes too much.  If we are not careful, we will end up being the most blunt and the most insensitive to those that we love the very most in our own house.   I say, 'Let's Be Careful!'  The dear family that God has given us deserves our very best.  Let's honor God today by honoring them in daily living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment